Wednesday, August 27, 2008

No heart attacks please!

I know, I know 2 days in a row. What will people think? I guess I am getting into routine mode again. School started today and I had to actually set my alarm so I could pull myself out of bed. I don't know if I can do it. I will still be dropping my kids off with sweats on, my hair in a bun, no makeup, but my teeth will be brushed. Back to school night was great. My kids have the nicest teachers. Brennan was a bit scared last night, so I asked him, "why are you scared Brennan?" He tells me, "because it is going to be hard work. If I could just have recess all the time I wouldn't be scared." Poor kid. Trying to get him to read is the biggest battle. Maybe I should say poor Mrs. Smith. Anyway, it seems weird to just have Brie around. She is going to love all the attention. Of course she will start pre-school in a week so yahoo!!! She is more excited than I am. That girl loves to go to school.
So what have we been doing in Aug. Well we had the house move-in ready the 5th, but there are still things to be done. I am so tired of the stress this has been. I want to everyday curl up in a ball and not leave my room. Because it is so stressful there may be some big changes coming for the Lance Bunger Family. We will see...
I celebrated my 32nd birthday with some great family. Jack, Jami, Josh, Jenn, Lance and I went to the Gorge for the Tom Petty concert. We ate dinner in Moses Lake at this awesome restaurant(Michael's on the Lake) Thanks Beth for the suggestion. Then the Gorge is of course very beautiful. The concert was o.k. Lots of people. Very different types of people. My company was great however.

Of course then came fair week. Which I love the fair. I can't wait until Bailie is old enough to show a pig at the fair. We ate elephant ears. Took the kid on rides until 11:30. Watched my cousins show their pigs. Avery did the crawling contest. And Thurs night got to sit in box seats at the rodeo thanks to Jenn. What a fun time we had!!!! The cutest thing ever, Avery loved the pigs. I was showing them to her and had her put her finger on one of their snouts. They would snort and breathe on her finger and she would look at her mom and just laugh. Then she would touch their ears and just grin with her big ole smile. She was not the least bit afraid.
Does that sum it up? Through all of this I have been working a couple days a week, which makes me even more tired and lazy. But what do you do? That may become the story of my life. I have to admit, I do love to work especially once I get there. My kids don't like it that much, but I want my daughters especially to see that a little bit of education can be very helpful to their own families when they might need it. That is one of the many things my mom taught me. I am so thankful that I went to college and am able to have a job that i enjoy and can use as much or as little as I want.
O.k enough rambling. I may surprise everyone and post tomorrow. Or maybe I will be curled up in my bed :)

4 comments:

Alicia Leppert said...

I can't believe we missed your birthday!! I feel jipped on a major excuse for a girls night out! But I'm glad you had such a great time with family.
Thanks for catching us all up on what you've been up to. You totally have my curiosity piqued on what big changes may be coming...

Shayla said...

Seriously, what are the changes?! I'm curious, too... Sounds like you've been busy. Last night when Natie saw Brie at the school, she just about fell over from excitement. I think I may just break her heart when she realizes she isn't going to preschool this year. Can we have Brie over to play sometime? Oh, and happy belated birthday! :-)

meohmyers said...

Can I just say how excited I am that Ally and Brennan are in the same class again?! This is 4 years! I love it.

I'm curious what the changes might be, too! Fill us in!

I'm so excited for preschool to start! Tell Brie I'll see her next week and I can't wait.

Happy Birthday! I think a belated birthday GNO is in order.

Amy J. said...

Sydney said that Bailie was so bummed that she doesn't get her Aunt Jami for a teacher this year. But I am so happy for Jami that she gets to spend more time with Avery.

I had to laugh at your "different types of People" comment, I bet it made for some interesting people watching!

I too can't wait to hear what news awaits your family!