Thursday, August 28, 2008

Passionate things

So I have to make an amendment to my list of things I am most passionate about. I should have put POPCORN as number 2. I love popcorn. And not just any popcorn, but special order popcorn. They are red popcorn seeds and I have to order them from Iowa or someplace like that. Crazy huh? But thanks to Jack and Jami this is the only popcorn I eat at home for the last 2 years. They gave me popcorn as a Christmas present one year. It had to be specialty popcorn I couldn't get anywhere here. Yes I eat it with melted margarine all over the top and lots of salt. I know, I know, but it tastes so good I don't care what any of you skinny people say!!! Popcorn has always been a favorite of my family. Grandma Mackay used to pop it for me on the stove with oil and in a pan this was when we used to have movie nights and she taught me to love all the Rogers and Hammerstein musicals. 7 Brides for 7 Brothers is my absolute favorite. Anyway, popcorn should have definitely been on my list, I don't know why I didn't think of it before. If anyone wants to know what the big deal is, I am willing to share!

4 comments:

Shayla said...

Ah, a girl after my own heart. I love popcorn and am always looking for a really good kind. I usually buy from www.popcornlovers.com. Where do you get yours?

MichelleB said...

Shayla, I am glad to know I am not the only person who orders my popcorn. I get mine at crimson jewel. But I looked at your site. Have you ever tried their 2 red varieties? Because I was noticing they sell it in 25lb bags:) Now that makes me smile.

Shayla said...

I'm pretty sure my favorite red variety is the Starshell Red, but it's been awhile since I've ordered from them. I also like the Baby White Rice flavor. I need to make an order soon, I made some this afternoon with Natie and was sorely disappointed. The store brands are just not any good once you've had "real" popcorn. :-) I know, I'm such a popcorn snob.

Alicia Leppert said...

Okay, I am totally laughing at your popcorn conversation!! Michelle, as I read your post the first person I thought of was Shayla. I have never known anyone as obsessed with popcorn as she is. Personally, I don't get it, but I am way curious to try your uber-popcorn! I'm glad you gals discovered your shared passion in life!