Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Almost a year!

So I was going to try and wait one full year before blogging again since it had been so long. But then there is so much going on. My kids are so busy! Is this good or bad? Huge discussion in the Bunger household. At least only one child is doing 2 sports. The one "sport" I have not relented on is that all three kids will do piano. I am a firm believer in that the kids should play a musical instrument. I am frequently told by many that they never should have quit playing the piano. I tell Brie all the time, you will quit soccer before piano! I guess the thing I struggle with is having a kid that CAN do it all!!! Plays the piano beautifully, plays shortstop for her softball team, and practices basketball at least twice a week. Her I expect it out of. The other two I am consciously aware of the fact that they don't do things like their sister, but are just as important. In fact, I was telling my sister-in-law the other day that I am very happy that they don't have that pressure she has. They wouldn't thrive. Goes to show all kids are unique. And I have to thank Jami for making me realize this. Otherwise I would be one of those moms that made sure ALL of my kids were the smart kids. The best compliment was given to me by Mrs. Vandervert, She told me my daughter was "down to earth." Don't want the smartest or brightest kid, just one that keeps his/her class grounded. Bailie does that! Brennan gets and plays into his teacher's sense of humor, and Brie helps her teacher keep track of those kids that need help too. Sooo love my kids and the values they bring to their classes. And for now, until we figure out the time thing, we will be doing basketball, soccer, baseball, softball, and of course piano!!!

No comments: