Thursday, September 11, 2008

My baby is 5!!!


I can hardly believe that 5 years ago (yesterday) I was holding my little Brianne Gayle in my arms. She was my tiniest baby and also my most jaundiced. (It only took me a week to see it) Brianne has done nothing but go go go since the time she was born. She has always had to fight for love, attention, and time. But she sure figured out how to do it. I am sure she gets the attention of most of our neighbors daily. We Mackay's are known for being loud, but I think Brianne takes the cake in that department. What I love about Brianne:

1.) She is spunky!!! (A year ago we were at a hotel and the kids wanted to jump in the hot tub. There were sme teenage boys in there so none of them would go, all the sudden Brianne runs and jumps right in the middle of these boys. Soon they were out of the hot tub and the other kids were swimming with Brie.)
2.) She is determined!!! (She was 3 1/2 when we moved to Pasco and she wanted to ride a bike. I tried to help her a couple of times and she was mad. I will do it myself and off she went.)
3.) She is smart!!! (The kids are working on learning states and capitals. Brianne knows them better than the other two.)
4.) She will try anything!!! (Hence the Drop Zone and the Gravitron at the fair.)
5.) She will be a great teenager because she won't be pushed around or swayed by peer pressure and she will speak her mind. She will be an awful teenager because she thinks she is always right (Oh wait that is a current problem) and we might go broke from buying her shoes. (Aunt Missy better save all hers)

These are not the only reasons I can think of, but they are the first that come to mind. I love you Brianne. I hope I can do good by you as a mother and teach you to love yourself and help my driven and passionate girl turn into a strong and faithful woman.

3 comments:

Alicia Leppert said...

I can't believe our babies are five!! How can that be?? I love how Payson always gets so excited whenever he sees Brianne and says hi to her. It's so cute seeing them sitting in primary talking and giggling.

meohmyers said...

I gotta say I love this little girl! And she IS smart! She makes preschool so fun with her spunky personality and boisterous laugh. I hope she had a great birthday!

Anonymous said...

the honey hole isn't ready yet baby girl but the mouth and arse are, get your little cotton knickers off, finger and lick the honey hole then your mouth and arse are mine