Monday, September 1, 2008

September is Here!!!

Happy first day of September! Hopefully everyone has had a great 3 day weekend. Mine has been soooo quiet. My kids left for Grandpa and Grandma Bunger's house on Friday night and I haven't seen them since. Saturday Lance and I got to spend some quality time together learning how to drive potato truck. That was lots of fun,until it broke down. Good thing I made him stop at Wal-mart and buy me a book before we started this day. Finally made it to the potato field. Jenn taught me how to pull vines off the potato belt before they hit the semis. That was fun being able to talk to her for a while. Although I kept her from working because she is usually the one driving one of the trucks. Anyway came home and I looked at Lance and said am I terrible for not missing my kids? We haven't even talked to them. He reassured me that I was not a terrible mother. So we talked to them the next day. I was thinking Grandma and Grandpa must surely need some sleep. They did not want to come home, so Lance looks at me and said, "they obviously don't miss us either." I guess that makes me feel better to know they are having so much fun. Stopped by last night and they were having a fire, roasting marshmallows and looking so cute in their farm boots. I wonder if they slept in the tent outside? Today the quiet ends and they must come home. Back to real life. Discipline and chores. No wonder they want to stay forever. Thanks Grandpa and Grandma for having them and giving them and us a memorable weekend. We sure appreciate you both!

5 comments:

Rosie said...

I am so glad you got time to spend with Lance without the kids, you deserve it! And don't feel guilty about it either:)

Enjoy your Labor Day.

Alicia Leppert said...

I am the exact same way. Whenever I go out of town without my kids, I always forget to call and check on them, and I always worry the person watching them will think I'm a horrible mother. So sue me if I am enjoying my vacation time! I'm so glad you had a weekend alone with your hubby.

Shayla said...

Seriously jealous!! I could use a weekend without kiddos, that's for sure. Glad you got to have one. What great grandparents to let you have the whole weekend to yourselves. My kids never miss me when they're with Grandma and Grandpa either.

Amy J. said...

I laughed that you were actually prepared with a book. I am always a much better mother when I get an occassional break from the kids. It doesn't mean we don't love them...we are only human.

Fuller Family said...

Alone time sounds so nice! I know we love our kids, but sometimes the break is great. I can't wait until I stop nursing so we can have one. That is great that your kids had such a great time. Grandpa and Grandma's are great!